Wednesday 1 March 2017

Covenant Cables

For the last month or so I have been checking out Covenant cables. Made in Atlanta, Georgia, these cables are custom made without gimmicks but provide great quality cables for working musicians. I was sent a couple of types of cable to test out, a Remnant Pro instrument cable and two 'Pancake' style patch cables.

As soon as I received the package I installed the two patch cables in my pedalboard. These cables are clearly designed to last, with a cable thickness which is bendable and moveable without feeling like it will break after a couple of uses. The low profile flat right-angle jack enables the pedals to be a lot closer together than with a usual patch cable, especially one of this quality. I would be very interested in replacing all of my patch cables with Covenant cables to not only save space but to see if there is a noticeable tone change as I have quite a few pedals on my board at the moment.

The Remnant Pro cable has been my guitar-to-pedalboard cable for the last month. This cable has a rough mesh feel to the outside called "Black Tech Flex" which really helps to avoid tangles and on top of the dark red colour makes for a very sophisticated looking cable. It also eliminates the chance of developing kinks or breaks on the inside of the cable. One element of this cable which genuinely surprised me was the weight of it - it is so light weight! In the past I have used Fender Custom Shop cables which were both thicker and way heavier than this Covenant cable; the difference is huge. These cables are very clear sounding, very high build quality and have a brilliant unique design.

If you haven't yet, make sure you check out Covenant cables at their website and make sure to follow them on Instagram. They are great guys, so definitely head over there and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment