Wednesday 1 June 2016

Wedgie Picks Spotlight Part 2

This is part two of the spotlight review of Wedgie Picks. Today I will be checking out the Delrin EX and XT picks. These picks are made to be very durable - the Wedgie Picks website states these can withstand just about anything!


Starting with the Delrin EX picks, these come in a wide assortment of colours according to the gauge of the pick. Naturally I gravitated to the thickest of the bunch, a purple 1.14mm (sound familiar?!). This pick is very balanced tonally, providing an overall guitar sound which would fit nicely in a rock band set up, but which would compliment almost any style of guitar playing. I must say the material of this pick is my most preferred out of all the preceding Wedgie Picks I'd tried. It was less likely to rotate between my fingers as I played and had a much quieter string attack. As with the other Wedgie Picks, as I tried the thinner gauges of pick I lost warmth in the tone and gained pick attack noise. These picks are very reminiscent of the Dunlop Tortex picks (and not just because of the colour scheme!) - the matt finish and the balanced tone reminds me of the purple 1.14 tortex pick I used for a long time.

As with the Clear XLs and XTs, the Delrin XTs come in a smaller selection of gauges but do feature the later etched grip. With this material I'm not sure the extra grip is as necessary as it was on the Clear Wedgie picks, I would suggest trying out both to see which you feel more comfortable with.

I have enjoyed trying out these Delrin picks over the last week. These definitely feel a lot higher quality to me than the previous Wedgie Picks I tried out a couple of weeks ago (here) and I have been using the Delrin XTs regularly when playing acoustic - they feel to me like a higher quality version of the Dunlop Tortex picks, mainly due to the enhanced grip.

Check out the Wedgie Picks website for more information and to purchase some of these plectrums, check out the Wedgie Picks spotlight part 1 and follow The Pick on social media - links are down the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment